Sat, Dec 04|
Resin Coasters & Trays with Melissa Renee
Learn how to pour resin molds with Melissa Renee from Fiery for Deep Blue.
Time & Location
Dec 04, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
CREATE. Studios, 17600 Collier Ave STE D135, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530, USA
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to try creating resin art? Epoxy resin art is becoming increasingly popular. During this workshop, renowned resin artist Melissa Renee from FieryForDeepBlue will show you how to mix, pour and blend epoxy resin to create your own colorful resin coasters and trays. All supplies will be provided to create a tray and a set of four coasters using epoxy resin, mica powders, heat guns, torches and special techniques.
What to Expect:
1. This workshop will use art resins by The Epoxy Resin Store, which require no respirators and are safe to use.
2. This workshop will be conducted in our large space with ample ventilation and space to create.
3. Your final art pieces must cure and dry. Therefore, you will be required to return to CREATE. Studios a few days later to pick up your final art pieces.
4. This class is one tray and a set of four coasters per person. MINIMUM AGE is 10 and children must be accompanied by an adult.
6. Dress appropriately, aprons will be provided.
Melissa Renee is an Orange County based resin artist whose works span the globe from the Japan to Europe to Australia. She is represented by Five 3 Gallery in Laguna Beach and Gallery Michelle in Carefree, Arizona. Her designs are showcased on Singulart, and Wescover, an International Platform of Interior Designers.
We are beyond excited to welcome Melissa back to CREATE. Studios to teach our local creators how to mix and create resin pieces using silicon molds.
This workshop is being hosted by The Epoxy Resin Store, which offers crystal clear epoxy resin used by professions for over ten years. They have customized formulas for river tables, wood coatings, marine & boat restoration and jewelry casting to name a few. They also offer customized epoxies and coloring additives, which include UV inhibitors that assist with anti-yellowing.
Resin trays and Coasters